Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Vichy - Normaderm Series (For Acne-Prone Skin Type)

I actually heard this brand from magazines for quite some times already. But that time we couldn't get it in Malaysia. So when my friend told me that.. Vichy was having promotion in Singapore, I asked her to buy the basic care of Normaderm Series for me as I have Acne-Prone skin type.

And here's my comment for the products based on my experience.

1) Normaderm Deep Cleansing Gel (150ML)

Description :- This is the cleanser to unblock pores, cleans and purifies deep down. Ideal for imperfection-prone skin: blocked pores, uneven skin texture, localised shine, redness, dilated pores. Ultra-fresh, gelified texture. Thick and creamy easy-rinse lather. Ultra-clear skin sensation. A pure, herbal note and a fresh, floral note.

Main Ingredients :- Glycolic and Salicylic acid; Astringent witch hazel; Vichy Thermal Spa Water.

Comment :- Although this cleanser is gel type, but it is thick and smells good. Unlike other cleanser, you will feel your skin become very smooth after rinse-off with water. But sometimes you might still thinking that your skin is not clean enough. So tends to repeat the step again and it still won't make your skin dry. Overall.. quite good.

Rated :- 7/10


2) Normaderm Purifying Astringent Toner (200ML)
Description :- This is the toner to eliminate impurities, visibly tightens pores for a more even skin texture.

Main Ingredients :- Glycolic and Salicylic acid; Vichy Thermal Spa Water.

Comment :- Very strong alcohol smell. Make my skin red and sensitive. And, doesn't feel comfortable after apply it on my face. I cannot bear it until I apply my moisturizer.


Rated :- 2/10



3) Normaderm Anti-Imperfection Hydrating Care (50ML)
Description :- This is the moisturizer to visibly clear imperfections, tightens pores, evens out skin texture. Fibre-based technology for an ultra-soft skin result. Light hydrating texture with long-lasting 'velvety skin' effect. Easily absorbed, non-sticky, non-greasy.

Main Ingredients :- Zincadone A [keratolytic glycolic acid + anti-bacterial glycadone + Dermostim]; Astringent witch hazel; Vichy Thermal Spa Water.

Comment :- This is the first time I use fibre type moisturizer. It's really very fast absorbed, you don't feel it at all. It gives the skin a matte finish for a day. Although it stated 'Non comedogenic', but due to it's fibre type texture, seems like it would block pores in order to protect the pores from external harm.

Rated :- 7/10



Conclusion :- After using it for few days, breakouts start coming out more and more. After using it for 2 week, cannot stand for it anymore due to the breakouts getting out of control already. Can't wait to go salon for facial.

I think the main reason is the toner with a lot of alcohol which make my skin very sensitive, and the moisturizer which really clog and congest my pores. So, I don't use the toner anymore. I have to mix and match with other toner. Also seldom use the moisturizer. But whenever I apply this moisturizer, I will definitely use make-up removal end of the day.

No comments: